In order to achieve our vision of Empowering Families I Restoring Communities, we focus on the following objectives:
- Providing children and their families with trauma-informed and interdisciplinary approaches from education, social work and occupational therapy.
- Tackling negative issues in the family environment which hinder the positive development and growth of children.
- Engaging families in exercises and unity-orientated activities such as family strengthening, family preservation and family reunification work to help grow the bond between family members.
- Helping children achieve their developmental milestones with the assistance of occupational therapists
- Educating and involving parents, carers and others in the community to facilitate the normal development and learning of children
- Encouraging families to be more loving, peaceful, provide a safe and stable living environment, and to be economically self-sustaining for the benefit of their children
- Providing parenting training, afterschool programmes, a learning centre, moms and babies’ groups, trauma empowerment groups, recovery from substance abuse, job market and work preparation workshops, and fatherhood and marriage preparation and enrichment programmes.
- Walking the road of healing and restoration and improving resilience, inter-dependence and positive identity together.